Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sir Ken Robinson: The Importance of Creativity

I am a student at the University South Alabama in Dr. Strange EDM310 class and the video lecture was great. I agree with Sir Robinson's concept of educating our children utilizing their creative skill. I am going to save this video clip to refer to as I teach my classes. The idea of educating our children by tapping into their creative skills oppose to recommending medication.

Sir Robinson stated "he believe we educate our children out of creativity instead of being educated by using creativity". This video also force me to think about the number of students that have slip through the crack and their real talent hasn't been realized. I think as we adjust to the changing society the teaching techniques should also to reach the children that display other talents.

2 comments:

  1. As a Student at the University of South Alabama in Dr. Strange EDM310 class I really enjoyed this lecture. Sir Robinson really push educating our children by using their creative skills instead of medicating them to control them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that using the vast array of technology that is available will inadvertently enhance our ability to engage the creative side of our students.

    Remember to reread posts before posting. Be sure to double check grammar. SS

    ReplyDelete