Sunday, January 24, 2010

"It's Not About the Technology" by Kelly Hines

I have read the post by Mrs. Hines as part of an assignment for Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class. I fully concur with Mrs. Hines theory that technology along is not the answer for education in the 21st century. Education in the classroom always begin with the teacher/instructor and their attitude towards teaching. I believe it is extremely important for teacher to recognize the constant changes in student and adjust their teaching method accordingly.

I believe in the technology of today; I agree that it is crucial for today's students to be well versed but without an innovative teacher these goals will not be realized. I think a motivated teacher will find ways to reach every student and would feel they weren't successful if every student didn't retain the information. Teaching should always be about the students, how they learn, and what they learn. Innovative teaching methods which create an environment of learning will usher the student mindset into a learning mode. I welcome all feedback and comments on this post to our class blog at http://edm310.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lamar,
    I agree that technology is not the answer for education. Technology is a very effective tool that can be used in the classroom. Like you said, it all starts with the teachers attitude towards teaching. A teacher also needs to be willing to learn just like the students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree with you that technology alone is not the best tool for teaching. I agree with you that teaching should always be about the students, how they learn and the material they learn. I like your opinions on this topic.

    ReplyDelete