Sunday, January 24, 2010

Is It Okay to Be A Technologically Illiterate teacher?

As I read the post of Karl Fisch, I agree with the position he took after a frustrating day of work. I would be embarrass if I did make every effort to stay abreast with the changing teaching methods. Although Mr. Fisch had a change of mind, his depiction of a teacher technologically illiterate in the 21st century is unacceptable. For example, Mr. Fisch mention of a parent/teacher meeting where the parent indicate they were no good in a subject really set the tone for learning.

While it is not a good practice to record an option being frustrated, Fisch appeared to have committed time to research the data. As a teacher, it would be extremely important to me to create an environment conducive to learning. I support the teachers workshop's and mandatory training because this could be learning tool for the teachers. Thank you Mr. Fisch for creating this opportunity for Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class to comment on such a hot topic. Address a feedback to http://edm310.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment