Saturday, February 20, 2010

Assignments for February 21, 2010

iTunes University

The collection of data found on itunes university was nearly unbelievable. iTunes has become one of my favor sites for educational data, it contain information for teachers and administrators alike. In this age of advanced technology itunes university can be helpful tool for first year teacher as well as seasoned teachers who are willing to learn new teaching techniques.

I really took interest in Steve Wheeler's podcast from the University of Plymouth; Wheeler posted famous quota's that really captured my attention. After reading some of these quota I found myself even more eager to learn and willing to help others. For example, "Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school". (Einstein) Now, how or what do you teach a student? Wow, technology may be the answer. Another quota, "for the first time we are preparing students for a future we cannot clearly describe". (David Warlick) I will personally utilize itunes university to enhance my knowledge of podcast, as well as search for ways to create projects for my students.

1 comment:

  1. I also love good quotes. I'll have to go checkout Mr. Wheeler's podcast. SS

    ReplyDelete