Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dr. Alice Christie's
I found Dr. Christie's research on technology in the classroom very useful and I plan to utilize some of the information discovered. Links to web designs and publication's can be use to enhance the learning of our students. In Ian Jukes podcast "Learning Environments for Digital Kids" I found useful information about children learning capabilities. For example, Jukes states "digital learners prefer receiving information from multiple multimedia sources".

The material provided on Dr. Christie's web page offers a teacher many different techniques to utilize in their classroom's. As I read the information posted on Dr. Christie's web page I found myself wondering why or how do we have unprepared teacher's; with the abundance of data available for teachers. I never really thought about a child playing video games, and computer games then returning to the classroom to a teacher at the chalkboard. Dr Tim Tyson, principal of Mabry Middle School is known as "the Pied Piper of Educational Technology" for his implementation of technological tools at his middle school. Dr. Tyson efforts proves that a change in the learning environment can directly affects the students learning ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment