Sunday, March 28, 2010

Assignments due March 28, 2010

An Open Letter To Educators: Morgan Bayda/Dan Brown

In reading the post by Ms. Bayda and watching the video post of Dan Brown I was force to think of reasons why the presentation of education has not changed. I agree with both Bayda and Brown on their assessment of education in today's society. The idea that a higher learning institution would trade information for money has never set well with me; but through Brown's piece I can really see why I always felt that way. For example, instructors lecture's for hours at a time, then review facts for the student to memorize for an exam.

I agree with discovering innovative ways to teach today's students. I sometimes felt like Brown in a sense that I wondered what benefit is in sitting in a classroom for hours listening to a professor. Because of my status as a non-traditional student; I see teaching techniques being utilized today that was utilized when I was in middle and high school. This statement support the theory that Brown has about not changing teaching techniques from the traditional style of teaching. It appears that educational institution are not doing everything possible to transition into this new age of technology.

I appreciate the way our EDM310 class is setup; we are encouraged to share information with each other. Dr. Strange and Mr. Sullivan invite questions and dialog, which foster an environment conducive to learning. Another important fact about our class is that we are also invited to search for information, be a
detective, explore this new world of technology.


Comments4Kids

I commented on a post by Hannah on Hannah's World. This post was a project Hannah had to do as part of her class assignment. Hannah summarized the project with notes and pictures depicting her feelings. The project as a good way for Hannah to showcase her drawing skills.


Comments4Kids

My comments4Kids was on the 1st step to decorate the Easter Eggs. At each phase the egg found it to be a struggle for survival. As the eggs are place in boiling water they respond by yelling out in pain and they fake choking implying that they are drowning.






1 comment:

  1. I too like the way we are encouraged to communicate not only with our classmates, but the people we encounter on the different blogs also. It seems like the child you commented on with the Easter eggs have quite an imagination! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete